The manual that comes with these camera’s is terrible so im going to clear it up for you with my own easy to understand SQ8 Mini DV Camera manual. Note: Videos are saved as avi files. I have added a video at the bottom of this article if you would prefer a visual demonstration.
SQ8 How to record in 720p?
720p Is lesser quality than 1080p but the files are smaller in size which is useful if you don’t need to record high quality videos. 720p looks perfectly fine on smaller screens like tablets and mobiles so unless your watching your videos on big screens like a 32″+ TV i’d stick to 720p recording.
- Press the On/Off button for a second until a steady blue light shows
- Now press the On/Off button again – We are now recording.
- Once you have finished recording press the On/Off button again and recording will stop and we will be back in standby mode.
SQ8 Camera – How to record in 1080p?
As i said above because of the difference in quality the size of a 1080p video is much larger and takes up more space on your SD card. 1080p videos look great on larger screens such as laptops and TV’s.
- While in standby mode press the mode button once – The light will be a mix of blue and red, this means we are in 1080p mode.
- To start recording press the On/Off button once. We are now recording
- To stop recording in 1080p press the On/Off button again. We have now stopped recording.
SQ8 camera – How to take a photo?
According to the poorly written manual this little camera takes 12mp pictures. I don’t believe this to be true and at a guess i would say its more around 5mp to 8mp.
- While in standby mode press the mode button – The light will go a steady red.
- To take a photo press the On/Off button once for each photo you want to take. So if you press the On/Off button 10 times you will have taken 10 pictures.
- To exit photo mode press the mode button once – this will take us back to 720p standby mode.
SQ8 Camera – How to use Night Vision Mode?
- While in Standby Mode press and hold the On/Off button for 2 seconds – The light will flash red.
- To start recording in night vision mode press the On/Off button. We are not recording.
- To stop recording in night vision press the On/Off button again. We have now stopped recording.
SQ8 Camera – How to use Motion Detection Mode?
- While in 720p standby mode press the mode button for 3 seconds – The light will flash 3 times – we are now recording in motion detection mode.
- To stop recording press the On/Off Button.
Motion Detection in 1080p
- While in standby 720p mode press the mode button – we are now in 1080p mode.
- Now press and hold the mode button for 3 seconds – the light will flash 3 times – we are now recording.
- To stop recording press the On/Off button.
How to charge SQ8 mini Dv Camera
Charging this camera is super simple. Just use the USB cable and plug it into the camera with the other end in your PC, laptop or USB plug. While charging it will flash red. Once it has fully charged it will remain a solid red.
How long to charge the SQ8 Mini DV Camera
According to the manual that comes with this camera it takes an hour to charge. From testing myself i have charged it from flat to full in around 45 minutes.
What if My SQ8 isn’t working?
If it isn’t working as it should then you could send it back and claim a refund or hit the little reset button. Resetting the camera could solve a lot of issues.
How to Use SQ8 Mini DV camera – Watch Video
SQ8 Mini DV Camera features
1. Mini size for convenience and portability. Use it anywhere – at home, in the office, at live events, in meetings, etc.
2. High-def: 1080P and 720P
3. Use day or night with IR night vision
4. Adjustable 360 degrees
5. Motion detection automatically begins recording when it detects motion.
6. Connect to your TV to view footage.
7. 200mAh battery only takes about 1 hour to fully charge
SQ8 Mini DV Camera Specifications
Material: Zinc alloy
Dimensions: Approx. 2 x 2 x 1.6 cm (0.7 x 0.7 x 0.6 in)
Charging voltage: DC 5V
Memory: TF card, up to 32 GB (not included)
Interface: Mini 8 pin USB
Video coding: M-JPG
Video FPS: 30fps
Battery: 200mAh (included)
PC camera resolution: 320 x 240
Video resolution: 1920 x 1080/1280 x720
Video (compression) format: AVI
Image scale: 4:3
Player: Comes with operating system or mainstream player
Continuous video recording time: 60 Minutes
Compatibility: Windows ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista, Mac OS, Linux
Weight: Approx. 75g
Well you should be able to record some videos now without too much headache. I hope this article was of some use to you. Feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks!