Handy little things these car battery testers from aliexpress, and cheap too. This cost me $4 and arrived in about 15 days. If you want to see how you use one of these car battery testers from Aliexpress then read on. There is a video at the bottom of this article you can watch if you wish to do so.
This particular car battery tester does 2 things. It lets you know the current charge on a car/motorbike battery and it tells you if your Alternator is working properly. It also has a check before charge feature which i didn’t pick up on when testing but i don’t think it means all that much since we just need to know the car battery state and if the Alternator is OK.
How to test my car battery?
- Before we do anything give your car battery the once over. Basically take a look at it and make sure its in good shape with no corrosion or leaks.
- Now With the engine turned off. Connect the positive (red) cable to the positive terminal on your battery and the negative (black) cable to the negative terminal. You will know which is the negative and positive terminals by the signs – and + for negative and positive.
- Now the clips are connected take a look at your testers LED display. If you see a medium to full charge then we are happy. If you see a low charge then we may have an issue.
- With the clips still connected to your battery go ahead and start the cars engine and take a look at the LED display again. If the Alternator state is good and the battery state is full we are all good If the Alternator state is showing a fault then you need to get it checked out. Personally i like to google search problems first to see if its an easy fix to save myself some money.
- If like in my video below (while testing a flat battery) you have no lights lit up on the LED display then you have a totally dead battery and it needs replacing.
Testing a car battery – Watch Video
Need one? Link: 12v Car Battery Tester
The video below is a visual demonstration of how this little car battery tester works. It’s really not a complicated process or a difficult tool to use.
Thanks for visiting i hope this was of some use to you and i hope you have a good battery!